Wednesday, August 17, 2016

#MTBoSBlaugust Day 12: Mathematical Mindsets Norms Video

Somehow in my stream of consciousness Google clicking this week, I ended up on Cathy Yenca's (@mathycathy) blog post from 2013 on First Day Favorites. I loved the professional and engaging look of her video and it dawned on me that I could use this to convey a message I wanted kids to hear from me clearly and consistently.

Thinking back to my readings about math class norms from Mathematical Mindsets, I decided to create a video to summarize what I want my students to walk away from the Post It Activity knowing I believe about them. It's brief and will ensure that all my classes are hearing a consistent message from me. Once we wrap up our class discussion, I'm planning on playing this for them and having them reflect as an exit ticket.

I have the file saved if anyone wants me to send it so it can be tweaked! Like Cathy, I used the free trial of VideoScribe to create this! It's super user-friendly!

4 comments:

  1. Mrs. Gironda,
    Love the video!!!!!
    Could I possible get a copy of the class norms video file so I may tweak and use with my classes. We are reading Mathematical Mindsets as a school and loving it.


    Thanks

    Barbara DiBenedetto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Shoot me your email address and I'll send it over. You can DM me on Twitter if you don't want to post it!

      Delete
    2. Cant send you a DM on twitter?.... so here it is barbadibenedetto@gmail.com Thanks

      Delete
  2. I'd like a copy of the norms video as well. Could you email it to me at pabriggs@leepublicschools.net?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete