Friday, March 4, 2016

Be More Dog!

I just got back from the North Carolina Association for the Gifted and Talented annual conference and it was such a rewarding experience. I always love meeting like-minded people and pushing myself to learn more....both of which I got to do at the conference. While I have lots to blog about from it, I had one thing really stick out to me as both hilarious and poignant. One of my favorite professional conversations is always that of taking risk in the classroom and while at the conference, someone mentioned this advertisement as an example of that:

Be more dog. It's brilliant.

It's exactly what we need to do in our classrooms every day. It's easy to be "aloof until lunch" and get stuck in our routine if it seems to work for us. However, if we never take a chance on something different, we will never discover all the amazing things that are out there for us- whether that is chasing cars or chasing the perfectly differentiated lesson!

Needless to say, I'm adding this as the very first slide in my presentation for a conference next week and will probably kick off any of my professional presentations with it in the future. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment