Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Very Fractal Christmas

Today is our last real day of classes before the break and, as would be expected, most classes have a test or quiz. Tomorrow we have the parties and the annual Christmas dance and then we'll have 10 glorious days off! One of my classes somehow got a day ahead  and took their test yesterday. I was at a loss of what to do with them until I found this great idea: build a 3-D fractal Christmas tree! I plan on introducing the idea with this video and seeing where it goes from there!

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, especially since this is one of my more challenging groups behaviorally. The fact that they get to do this when no other class does might just be privilege enough to motivate them!...or let's hope that, anyway!

Will update more this afternoon with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment