Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Intermediate Value Theorem Justifications Gallery Walk

One of my favorite parts of AP Calculus is seeing my students' ability to make mathematical arguments develop. This is a long and drawn out process that takes the length of the course to complete. One thing that I found really useful last year was having students critique others' arguments. 

To get students analyzing arguments for IVT, I used this gallery walk and a whole lot of post its. 



Students were asked to critique arguments around the room, offering feedback and identifying one they thought made the best argument. They started to give specific feedback on how things could be improved and identify which was really "true dat." 



We will do more like this throughout the year, but it's still one of my favorite ways to get into justifying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment